Seacoast Mental Health Center (SMHC) is one of the state’s 10 community based mental health centers, which supports the care and lives of children, adolescences, adults and their families in the Eastern half of Rockingham county. Seacoast Mental Health Center meets clients where they are with either in person or tele-health services which range from 24 hour emergency services to individual and group therapy, couples and family therapy, substance use disorder treatment, psychiatric services, psychological and neurological assessment and testing, to home and community-based services, residential care, case management and employment support services.
The mission of SMHC is to provide a broad, comprehensive array of high quality, effective and accessible mental health services to residents of the eastern half of Rockingham County regardless of an individual’s ability to pay.
Services include but, are not limited to:
- individual and group therapy;
- couples and family therapy;
- psychiatric services;
- specialized services for children, adolescents, adults, elders;
- psychological and neuropsychological assessments and testing;
- support services, including targeted case management, supported employment, community/home-based services;
- substance use disorder recovery treatment and programming, and consultation/educational services for community organizations and businesses to name a few.
In addition, SMHC provides a 24/7 supervised group home for 8 adults who have a serious and persistent mental illness and who are unable to live independently.
Emergency Crisis Intervention and Stabilization services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. These services are provided on an outpatient basis by our emergency clinicians and our staff psychiatrists. Emergency Services patients can also be seen in the Emergency Department at Exeter Hospital. SMHC’s goal is to offer services that empower a family unit and/or an individual to build upon health, community, and resilience within a collaborative treatment model. From identifying emerging needs and creating services to meet those needs, to collaborating with local organizations to improve the delivery of our mental health services, SMHC creates an extensive support system for individuals that they serve.
Hours of Operation
- Please call the office numbers from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. for an appointment or to talk to a staff member.
- Emergency services are available 24/7/365 by calling 603-431-6703 or 603-772-2710.
- Child Impact class schedules, group session schedules, updated office information, etc can all be found on the Seacoast Health Center website or by calling the office.