In 2018, Governor Chris Sununu shared his vision of developing a “one-stop-shop” place online where parents and caregivers of young children can both feel welcome here in the Granite State and also learn easily about the many valuable resources that can be of benefit to them and their children.
A product of that vision, Welcome Families NH became a reality after being designated one of the impactful projects supported by the Preschool Development Grant, Birth Through Five*. The grant is a collaboration between UNH, the NH Departments of Education and Health and Human Services, and the Governor’s Council for Thriving Children, as well as New Hampshire’s early childhood advocates and practitioners.
Welcome Families NH is now a destination for families, especially those with young children, who live in or are looking to move to New Hampshire. We strive to take you on a journey by providing insights to resources and opportunities in the state that can:
- Help you find and access basic needs such as housing and childcare
- Provide current information about your child’s development
- Connect you with resources if you or your child is facing a crisis or risk
- Assist in discovering the many valuable resources New Hampshire has to offer.
Welcome Families NH is designed to help current and future Granite State families Grow, Learn, Live, Play and Work, all through an engaging experience. To ensure the information we provide remains responsive to our users’ needs, we want to hear from you about your experience on this site.
*The Preschool Development Grant is sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (Award# 90TP0060-01-00). Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of any organization or agency that provided support for the project.
How to use this site
There are three main ways to access the resources available on this site:
- Click on the categories – Grow, Learn, Live, Play and Work – at the top of the page to browse resources relevant to your family’s needs and interests.
- Use the “search” page to locate resources in your area.
- Use the Automated Chat by clicking the speech icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. By answering a few short questions, a list of resources will be generated based on your profile.
You can also create an account with non-personally identifiable information to further customize your search, “bookmark” resources, and receive updates when new information becomes available. Creating an account is completely optional. All of the available resources on this site are accessible with or without an account.
Welcome Families NH Marketing Toolkit
Welcome Families NH has created a toolkit and branding guide for all marketing materials used in reference to WelcomeFamiliesNH.com. Visit our Marketing Toolkit Library page for more information.